Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Campo Rodeo

It was blistering hot at Canines & Ewe last weekend.  Temperature on Saturday was 106. So of course being the logical sane person I am I chose last Fri - Sat - Sun for an extremely rare three days in a row to work Piper on sheep.  Reason was that Jennifer will be on the road much of September with trips to Soldier Hollow and then Klamath for Nationals after only a very brief stop in Campo. (Maggie also worked Friday - but not Saturday and Sunday).

On Saturday a minor Rodeo broke out but fortunately it was at the bar in town where they were having an amateur bull riding exhibition.

Saturday also brought that rare feeling of being right in the groove for at least a short while as we were practicing a right handed driveaway.  For once Piper did not overflank and I did not oversteer.  Amazingly enough when we both do it right the drive away line holds much better.  So I now know we CAN do it.  We just need to do it with more regularity.

It was a fun weekend and I had not planned to stay Saturday but the call of the BBQ (and the free pass from Diana) convinced me to stay over for Sunday and get a third straight day of work in.  I think it was very good for Piper.  I know I had a good time with good friends and good dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment