Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mothers Day Weekend Trials




We went North (again) for a pair of Sheepdog Trials over the weekend.

It was interesting to get the perspective of a couple folks just moving up from Novice who were a bit overwhelmed by the size of the fields (esp Sunday)considering we found both (esp Saturday) to be small. Small, however, brings its own challenges.

Piper ran Pro Novice both days and although the scores were similar Sunday at Pt Pleasant just had a much better feel to it.

Saturday the field was tight, the sheep were runners and Piper had no brakes. We finished the course with over 3 minutes left. The run was not one that made me happy although I realized this was a gauge of how far she has come. Six months ago I would have been thrilled with the Saturday run.

Sunday the field was a bit bigger, the sheep slightly heavier and Piper listened to me. My best shorthand description is that it was a very good run punctuated by two moments of absolute disaster. Possibly the best most controlled drive Piper has ever given me completely blown at the cross drive panel.

No comments:

Post a Comment