Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Zamora - Odds and Ends

My dog trialing adventures are already covered separately but there was so much to report from this trial that I decided to post some Odds and Ends (in random order):

First, Congratulations to Jennifer Ewers and Soot for winning the High Combined Overall Open Trophy/Award. It was well deserved.

Second, Congratulations to all my friends and acquaintances for their runs. Even going to the post at Zamora is an accomplishment and many of you did very well on top.

Third, food news. Bummer that Bill and Kathy's is now closed. Was looking forward to the fried chicken with country gravy. Enjoyed Granzella's two nights in a row in Williams - just wish it was not 20 miles north.

Fourth, probably should have been first but oh well, Big Thank You to the Slaven Family for hosting us, Terri Pelkey for all the work in organizing from nearly 500 miles away and at the trial site, Roy Pelkey and Katy Deardorff for setting, the sheep for cooperating and God for giving us such a fabulous place to run a sheep dog trial.

Fifth, Thank You Laura Hicks for pre-installing an outrun on Piper. We sure used it at Zamora.

Sixth, Thank You Jennifer for all the support and training that made it possible for us to even attempt this trial. When we first came for training about 2 1/2 years ago I was struggling with my dog to get a 100 yard outrun and we could not drive.

Seventh, Thank You Elizabeth Baker and Stephanie Goracke for my newest sweetheart, Rylee. We are coming together and I think - from Casablanca - this is the start of a beautiful friendship.

Eighth, Thank You Amy Coapman for a very pleasurable conversation while watching the trial on Saturday as we both waited till for our attempts. Also, for the beautiful Corian whistle. I tried it in the hotel and I think I am going to like the sound. I was not brave enough to switch whistles for the trial though.

Finally, thank you to everyone who passed on words of encouragement and nice thoughts on completion of our first ever Open Run.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Patrick. I too enjoyed our visit, and I hope the whistle will serve you well. See you at the next one!

    ReplyDelete